The Blandon Systems microprocessor range of generator Automaitc Mains Fail control modules or AMF modules have been designed to provide for the automatic control, monitoring & protection of diesel engine driven generator units.
Why use an AMF controller
The fundamental purpose of the AMF module is to allow automatic operation of unmanned stand-by generators where those generators provide back up power. The AMF module continually monitors the local mains supply and will start the back-up generator if there is a disruption in mains supply. The AMF controller will then run and monitor vital engine and alternator parameters, whilst the supply interruption continues. When the mains power supply returns the controller will transfer the load from the generator back to the mains supply by signalling the generator contactor to close and the mains to open. The generator will be automatically stopped by the Automatic Mains Fail module once the local mains supply is stable.
Incorporated into the controller are outputs to automatically control load transfer from the local supply to the generator alternator, and vice-versa. The unit is housed in a plastic enclosure incorporating a rotary switch for control purposes.
Automatic Mains Fail Control Module Specifications
The AMF module is dedicated for either 12Vdc or 24Vdc and should be powered from the engine battery. Separate modules are available for either 230Vac or 115Vac plant voltage operation (line to neutral).
- Module Dimensions (HxWxD): 42x65x125mm
- Housing: Plastic
- Panel cut out: 6.5x67.5mm
- Switch: 6 position – Off, Inhibit, Automatic, Remote, Off, Test
- Start: 4 x start attempts
- Timed preheat control; Starter motor control; Plant contactor control; Mains contactor control
- Remote Start function: Yes
- Automatic load transfer: Yes
- Starter motor lockout: Yes
- Microprocessor controlled: Yes
- Adjustment timers: Preheat/crank timer; plant settle timer; mains restoration timer; cool down timer
- Generator monitoring: Low oil pressure; high coolant temperature shutdown; under voltage sensing; charge fail indication